Esther Bible Study Week 7
Happy Wednesday! Let’s jump in with the summary:
- This chapter opens with the king and Haman at Esther’s 2nd feast. As usual, the king and Haman are drinking and the king asks Esther again what he wish is.
- Esther replies that her wish is for the king to save her and her people because they have been sold into annihilation.
- The king is astonished! Who would do this? Esther responds, “A foe and enemy! This wicked Haman!” Whoa!
- Well, the king’s mind is clearly blown by this revelation. He is filled with wrath and goes out into the garden.
- When he returns he sees Haman falling on the couch where Esther is sitting. Not good. The king says, “Will he even assault the queen in my presence, in my own house?” (There is lots of speculation about what this means – was he attacking Esther? Trying to rape her? Or did he just fall as he is begging for his life. I am going with the fall theory.)
- “As the word left the mouth of the king, they covered Haman’s face.” Haman was at that moment a condemned man.
- A helpful servant pipes up to tell the king that conveniently enough, Haman built a huge gallows outside of his house when he was planning to murder Mordecai.
- The king says to hang him on that. And that was the end of Haman.
I don’t know about you, but when I am upset about something I have a hard time keeping it in. I am so impressed with how Esther patiently waited until the right time to tell the king what was happening. She was willing to wait for God’s perfect timing and it certainly paid off.
What are your thoughts? What stood out to you as you studied? I can’t wait to see your journaling and read what you learned this week! #farmgirljournalsesther